Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fine Cast?

Well, I finally got one. I have been holding out, not on principal but just because I haven't seen a model I love and needed to have. However, that all changed this week. I was at the LGS and as much as I was fighting it, I got my hands on Trazyn the Infinite. He looks amazing. So, I grabbed him and couldn't wait to get him home. As I stood there, holding a new beautiful model, my phone rang.















He looks amazing. So, I grabbed him and couldn't wait to get him home. As I stood there, holding a new beautiful model, my phone rang. My daughter had fallen and she has a nasty bruise on her face. She is okay and upon getting home and consouling her, I was able to get the model started. First thing I noticed, the resin had a lot of flash. Now, being a 'veteran' hobbyist, flash is no big deal for me. It prolongs the joy of building a model. I got him all all together and will have some green stuff to use. Once the glue has fully cured, I will get to play with the Liquid Green Stuff and will my thoughts on that as well.

Now that he is all built, I only have one honest complaint. The resin is really soft. Just holding the staff in my hands, I am afraid it will snap off. Should GW read this, my only two cents is harder resin. I personally would much rather had a model break then bend. Did I get a good value on the model? Overall, it will not stop me from buying the few other Necrons I need in Fine Cast. Next post, I will have pictures of Trazyn all ready to be primed!

Cheers,
Jordan

Part II-

So, I got the liquid green stuff on him. There was only a small spot on his right shoulder that needed it as well as the part where his 'cloak' meets. I am still out on the liquid green stuff, it worked great on my FOW tanks but I think I have a lot to figure out about the product. For what it does, $4 is a good price.

Check back later this week to (hopefully) see Trazyn painted!
-Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Just something that I have found, the resin is rather resistant to breaking and will bend really easily. Something you can do if something is bent "wrong" is put the part under some warm water and bend it back.
    Also, you shouldn't need to prime the model (though, it doesn't hurt it), the paint is suppose to soak into the resin and give a better feel to it.
    Make sure you wash the Finecast stuff too, it seems like there is more residue on it than the metal or plastic models.

    Just some info I have got from looking around and painting one myself! I'm almost to my second one too.....

    ReplyDelete